Forum: Kleo Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Kleo Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Search by radius and other BP fields?

Home Forums Kleo Geolocation Search by radius and other BP fields?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Dexo
    Participant

Hello,

I have Kleo and am looking for a way for users to search by radius (zipcode) and I see your plugin does that. Can they also search by other fields like age or gender using your plugin?

For example, set up a search like:
    Ages between 30-50
    Within 25 miles of Dallas

Thanks!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Dexo,
    Using GEO my WP the core plugin you can create a search form ( using GEO my WP forms builder ) that includes an address field, radius and any of the xprofile fields registered on your site. This search form that you create you can place on any page using a shortcode. And to do that you don’t need to Kleo Geolocation add-on.

Now, with Kleo Geolocation add-on, the geolocation features will be integrated to the Members Directory page of the Kleo theme directly. That means that an address and radius fields will be added to the search form of the Members Directory page. However, it is not possible to add profile fields to this search form using Kleo Geolocation add-on.

I hope that answers your questions.

let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Dexo
    Participant

Thanks for the response. Is GEO my WP forms builder the “Forms” under Geo My Ip or is it a separate addon?
    Under Forms, I had trouble adding the age range fields.

Dexo
    Participant

Here is s acreenshot when I try to add the age range to the form.

It doesn’t let me choose the age range field.

On a side note, I am also unable to create a new form.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Dexo
    Participant

Ok, I see where I can duplicate the Member Locator form but still cannot include the age range. I tried turning off caching and Varnish.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Dexo,

Is GEO my WP forms builder the “Forms” under Geo My Ip or is it a separate addon?

Yes, the forms builder is nuder the “Forms” menu item ( no add-on is required for the forms builder ).

On a side note, I am also unable to create a new form.

How did you create the first Members Locator than?

Do you have the Members Locator core add-on enabled?

What happens when you click on the “New form” dropdown menu?

when I try to add the age range to the form. It doesn’t let me choose the age range field.

Did you create the age range field using BuddyPress’s native xprofile fields or using a plugin?

Dexo
    Participant

Hello Eyal!

How did you create the first Members Locator than?

Do you have the Members Locator core add-on enabled?

What happens when you click on the “New form” dropdown menu?

The Member Locator form was already there when I went to Geo My IP –>Forms. I figured out that if I select the Member Locator form, it will create a new form.

Did you create the age range field using BuddyPress’s native xprofile fields or using a plugin?

I created the user profiles under Users–>Profile Fields in the Admin. I deleted the Age profile field and created an Hourly field and made it a range under Users–>Profile Search.

When I go the the Geo My WP forms, I get the same thing as the pic above. The “Choose the “Age Range” Field is still a dropdown that I cannot select and I deleted the Age field. What is that field referring to?

How would I create a range for Hourly, using the Geo My IP form and restrict that search for members only?

Dexo
    Participant

I just installed a fresh install of WP, Kleo and Geo My WP with the Members Locator addon. In Geo my Wp–>Forms –>Member Locator–>Search Form–>Xprofiel Fields I just see Name and Choose the “Age Range” Field with the drop down that I cannot select as in the pic above.

Dexo
    Participant

Ok, sorry for babbling. I see that the search form I created was from the BP Profile Search plugin. So, I understand that Geo my WP does not integrate with that search. The fields were created in BP.

I then saw,

You can also choose one Xprofile field created using date field for the age range field.

So, I figured it out.

Is there any way to display the profile pics in the results or add extra text?

What do I need to do to add Location to the signup form when filling out their profile? Is this what the XProfile Fields add-on does?

Thanks again.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Dexo,

So, I understand that Geo my WP does not integrate with that search

That is correct, unfortunately. At the moment GEO my WP does not integrate with BP Profile Search plugin. This integration, however, is planned for the future.

Is there any way to display the profile pics in the results or add extra text?

You should be able to display the profile image. There is a checkbox for it in the form editor. Regardless, GEO my WP search results is a PHP template file. This file can be edited so you can add or remove any data as you wish. The results template files can be found in geo-my-wp/plugins/friends/search-results.

What do I need to do to add Location to the signup form when filling out their profile? Is this what the XProfile Fields add-on does?

Yes. The Xprofile Fields add-on sync the xprofile Fields with GEO my WP’s location. When the Xprofile Fields is installed, you can choose which Xprofile Fields you would like to sync with GEO my WP. Then members will be able to add/update their location via the “Edit Profile” page ( instead or in addition to the Location tab ) as well as during registration.

Ok, sorry for babbling

Not a problem at all. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Thanks,

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.