Forum: Global Maps

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Global Maps premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]set category in shortcode

Home Forums Global Maps set category in shortcode

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Digital Footprint 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Digital Footprint
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the great plugin. I was wondering, is it possible to filter by category in a form shortcode directly?

Thank you,

Tony

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome Tony, Thank you for the purchase.

I was wondering, is it possible to filter by category in a form shortcode directly?

I am not sure I understand, can you please explain what is that you would like to do?

Thank you.

Digital Footprint
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Actually I’m using a global map form by shortcode like that :

[gmw form="1"]

And I wanted to know if there was a way of specifying a taxonomy term in the shortcode. For example :

[gmw form="1" include_terms="tourism"]

I tried to search for an answer in the docs but couldn’t find anything for that.

Thanks for your help.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, it is not possible at the moment.

Since the beginning, I developed GEO my WP forms builder to prevent the need to enter a bunch of shortcode attributes in order to set up a shortcode.

Is there a reason why you would like to enter the terms this way instead of setting them up directly in the form?

Digital Footprint
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for your response.

The thing is that I have a lot of different categories (50+) and I wanted to generate the maps on each page instead of having to create all of them manually. Is that possible in some way?

Thank you for your support.

Digital Footprint
    Participant

Any news?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Sorry for missing out your last reply.

There is actually a way to do that.

You can set the term ID that you would like to display for the shortcode using a term_id attribute ( or any other attribute that you’d like to use ). For example [gmw form=”3″ term_id=”12″] ( showing only posts with term ID 12 for form ID 3.

Then place the below script in the functions.php file of your theme or child theme:

The script will filter the map results based on the term_id you pass to the shortcode.

Let me know if that helps.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Just checking if you got to try the solution above and if it worked.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

ivollaire
    Participant

Hi, Eyal. I’m trying to do the same thing as is mentioned in this thread. I want to have a page that will show a user only results from a certain category when a page loads using the auto-locator functionality. I have this code in my functions file:

The shortcode I’m using is:

do_shortcode('[gmw form="1" term_id="65"]');

Where ‘term_id’ is the category that I want displayed. This doesn’t work. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be great.

Keshia Richmond
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Serge Ravet
    Participant

Hi, I’ve added the function in functions.php, changed ‘3’ to ‘1’ (my first form). Then in a page I’ve added:

[gmw form=”1″ term_id=”41″]
    [gmw map=”1″]

Yet nothing is filtered based on the taxonomy ID… Any idea what the problem could be?

Thx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘set category in shortcode’ is closed to new replies.