Forum: WP Users Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the WP Users Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Several Questions: Users and Posts on same results page, Search Profile Fields..

Home Forums WP Users Geolocation Several Questions: Users and Posts on same results page, Search Profile Fields..

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Owen Mullings
    Participant

Hi ,

I’m building a local marketplace where the users have their own stores, and products are custom posts types.

I want to show, both users and products on the same map.

Can this be done programatically?

Is there a way to expand the search to search in taxonomies and other fields?

If non of these work out, is there a way to return the plugin. I had to buy it to know what it does, but I’m a super broke bootstrapper right now.

Thanks,
    Owen Mullings

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hey Owen,

1) Yes, it can be done programmatically but will take a good amount of custom code.

2)

Is there a way to expand the search to search in taxonomies and other fields?

DO you mean the users search? The is no way to do so since users do not have taxonomies attached to them.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Owen Mullings
    Participant

1) I’ve realized it’s never going to perform way, so I modelled that feature differently.

2) I was asking for both users and posts, however I won’t be using users search anymore. But I would love to make the post search more fields. I’m selling local services and I use taxonomies to organize services regardless in what it says in the title or description. If you could point me to a plugin that’s compatible or the function to extend that would be helpful.

Owen Mullings
    Participant

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You can already filter by taxonomies with GEO my WP out of the box. You can choose the taxonomies in the form editor.

Owen Mullings
    Participant

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

To do so You will need to extend the search query of the keywords to also search the custom meta table. IT is possible but could also cost you in performance.
    If you do not want to dig into the code you can alway use the custom fields search that comes with the Premium Settings add-on. You can add input boxes that will search specific custom fields.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.