Forum: Bug Reports

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Single Location not showing in Taxonomy archive

Home Forums Bug Reports Single Location not showing in Taxonomy archive

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 4 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Keith McGregor
    Participant

Hi,

I have a taxonomy (care type) set up for a custom post type (nursing homes) and I am trying to show the single location data within the taxonomy archive, but nothing is showing.

For the single post type pages I have been using the following which works fine:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[gmw_single_location elements="map,address,directions_link" map_width="100%" ]'); ?>

But it doesn’t on the archive. The archive main loop looks like this at present:

Can anyone explain why this isn’t working please?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Keith,
    try passing the post ID to the shortcode using the item_id attribute.

Something like:

Let me know if that helps.

Keith McGregor
    Participant

Works a charm. Thank you for your help and for the plugin in general.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are very welcome. I am glad I could help.

Keith McGregor
    Participant

One other question though:

The documentation doesn’t seem to explain how I can limit what elements I wish to show, but also display the additional info box. If I use this code in order to remove the title etc. the info box doesn’t show:

<?php echo do_shortcode( '[gmw_single_location elements="map,address,directions_link" additional_info="phone,fax,email,website" item_type="post" item_id="'.$post->ID.'"]' ); ?>

Am I missing something here?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

What missing in the documentation ( which I just realized while answering another user for the same questions ) is the additional_info argument as part of the elements attribute.

You need to add the additional_info as part of the “elements” attribute in the order you would like it to display it.

for example:
    < ?php echo do_shortcode( '[gmw_single_location elements="map,address,directions_link,additional_info" additional_info="phone,fax,email,website" item_type="post" item_id="'.$post->ID.'"]' ); ?>

Keith McGregor
    Participant

Actually I’ve figured it out. I just needed to add additional_info to the elements list. It might be worth you adding that to the relevant page on the documentation for future users.

Thanks again.

Keith McGregor
    Participant

Haha jinx!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

I was faster 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Single Location not showing in Taxonomy archive’ is closed to new replies.