Forum: Nearby Posts

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Nearby Posts premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]Support Request

Home Forums Nearby Posts Support Request

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ariel Levy 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ariel Levy
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve recently installed the plugin on my site but am having issues on a Mobile Phone. Can someone please take a look at my website and give suggestions as to why:
    1) If GPS on Phone is On, the Home Page displays, “No Stores found nearby you.”
    2) With GPS on and upon clicking the link (ie Pin Drop image) in the top left corner the plugin fails to realize my location and only returns the value specified as default in Page Load Results, “Starting address”
    3) If GPS on Phone is Off, the site does NOT ask to turn it back on?
    4) When I search by state (ie South Carolina) would it be possible to only show stores that are located in the State of South Carolina? Stores in North Carolina also appear because of the Radius zoom level but am wondering if I can make it state restrictive?

Thx,
    -Ariel

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Ariel and apologies for missing out your topic.

If GPS on Phone is On, the Home Page displays, “No Stores found nearby you.”

GEO my WP does not work directly with the device’s GPS. It uses the browser’s geolocator to retrieve the user’s current location and if found it saves it via cookies. Then GEO my WP uses this information to display locations nearby the user.

For the plugin to retrieve the user’s current location you can:
    1) set it to automatically check for the user’s location when he first visits the site. You can enable that in the dashboard -> GEO my WP -> settings -> General Settings tab and check the “Auto-locator” checkbox.

2) Using the Current Location shortcode/widget ( need to activate the Current Location core add-on ) you can display a form that allows the user to either enter his current location manually or use the locator button to automatically retrieve his current location. One the user done so and his location was found, it will again be saved via cookies and GEO my WP will use this information to display nearby results.

With GPS on and upon clicking the link (ie Pin Drop image) in the top left corner the plugin fails to realize my location and only returns the value specified as default in Page Load Results, “Starting address”

How did you create this locator button?

If GPS on Phone is Off, the site does NOT ask to turn it back on?

As mentioned above; GEO my WP dose not use the phone’s GPS but the browser’s geolocation feature to locate the user.

Let me know if this information helps.

Thanks,

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Ariel,
    Just checking if you still need help with the above?

Ariel Levy
    Participant

Hi Eyal,
    Thanks for checking back in with me.
    Yes – I am still having issues.
    I am fairly certain that the site is obtaining my Geo coordinates. It is clear that on this page the plugin/shortcodes that I am using are able to detect the distance from my current position to the store post. https://wingsbeachwear.com/cpt-stores/holden-beach/

However, on the homepage (index.php) (when viewing on a mobile device and responsvice CSS kicks in to execute the shortcode ) the following code does NOT appear to execute and only the no results error message shows.

<div class=”nearby-location-block visible-xs-block col-xs-12″>
    <span class=”travel-time”>
    <i class=”icon-car”></i>
    <?php echo do_shortcode(‘[gmw_nearby_locations item_type=”posts” post_types=”cpt-stores” nearby=”user” show_map=”false” units=”miles” radius=”250″ results_count=”1″ show_random_locations=”0″ no_results_message=” ” show_image=”false” show_distance=”true” get_directions=”0″ address_fields=”0″]’); ?>
    </span>
    <?php echo do_shortcode(‘[gmw_nearby_locations item_type=”posts” post_types=”cpt-stores” nearby=”user” show_map=”false” units=”miles” radius=”250″ results_count=”1″ show_random_locations=”0″ no_results_message=”Find or search our stores below” show_image=”false” show_distance=”false” get_directions=”0″]’); ?>
    </div>

Lastly, on the following page the plugin cannot obtain Location either:
    https://wingsbeachwear.com/store-finder/?gmw_post=cpt-stores&gmw_address%5B0%5D&gmw_distance=500&gmw_units=imperial&gmw_form=1&gmw_per_page=40&gmw_lat&gmw_lng&gmw_px=pt&action=gmw_post

I am really looking forward to any insight that you may have.

Kind regards,
    -Ariel

Ariel Levy
    Participant

Hi Eyal,
    I am still unable to get the plugin to work. Were you able to view my previous message to debug?
    Much Thanks,
    -Ariel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.