Forum: Beta Testing

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

we need our maps to work

Home Forums Beta Testing we need our maps to work

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

chris_k
    Participant

hello,

My developer has been reaching out to you after we bought your plug in. we need to be able to display our results in a styled map because we are going to push a large campaign towards our site. ( i will post the site name in private content)

from what i understand, the plugin we purchased was upgraded and no longer supports the documentation that was provided before. it is imperative that we have this done because we want the best looking site possible. we are very impressed with your work on the functionality side of things.

what will it take? we can pay you more, we just need it done. the map styles look professional, and as it is right now, it looks unimpressive. please reply asap.

we will look forward to your response

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,
    I wrote the map style documentation while developing GEO my WP 2.5 ( during beta ) and few things changed in the final release of GEO my WP 2.5. Because of the changes the documentation are outdate.

I have been out of the country with limited access to the internet which results in delayed respond time ( in the forum ) and not much progress in development,
    I will update the map styles docs this week to fit GEO my WP 2.5.

Thank you for the support.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

I updated the Map Style tutorial and it now should work with the latest version of GEO my WP.

ttdev2014
    Participant

Excellent! I can’t wait to give it a shot. It would be amazing to start off the week this way.

happy face

ttdev2014
    Participant

Hi Hinjew 😉

mission #2: fail

I went to the tutorial… did you just wrap jQuery(document).ready(function($) around the original code? seems the same

anywayz, here is a step by step process of what I tried.

a) VERIFIED THAT WE ARE USING GWP 2.5

1) go to /wp-content/plugins/geo-my-wp/geo-my-wp.php
    [you have this listed on your tutorial as geo-my-wp/includes/geo-my-wp.php]

2)added the 86 lines of code you pasted on your tutorial.

3)attempted to pass [1] to the do_action call on geo-my-wp.php, but no results.

how can i get the do_action( ‘gmw_map_options’); to call back to the code created on geo-my-wp.php?

should i edit the code on line 612 of geo-my-wp.php?
    should i add do_action( ‘gmw_map_options’, ‘gmw_map_options’ ); to results.php?

//initiate map styles object
    echo ‘<script>gmwMapOptions = {}; gmwMapObjects = {};</script>’;

do_action( ‘gmw_map_options’);
    }

i have been having a hard time with these plugins, and the site owner is getting nervous that we will forever be stuck in testing. please help!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You do not need to touch any of the plugin’s core files. In the tutorial I mentioned the location of the hook do_action( ‘gmw_map_options’ ); ( BTW, thank you for the correction of the location ) just as a general information.

The only things you need to do are:

1) Copy the entire script ( 86 lines ) from the tutorial and paste it into the functions.php file of your theme.

2) Change the number 1 in the lines below ( lines 6 – 7 in the script ):

to the form ID of the form that you want to modify.

3) Save the functions.php file

4) Test the map.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Beta Testing’ is closed to new topics and replies.