March 11, 2013 in updates
Please note that the plugin is under major update and the demo search pages might not work properly in the next few days.
February 2, 2013 in updates
First, my apology for the delay with the new site, updates, documentation and the support as i haven’t be able to be around as much lately. However, after the weekend i will be working on the project and the support again.
Since the new GEO my WP site is still under construction and it is taking much longer then i expected i have decided to upload the premium version to the current site. I know that users who already purchased the premium version had been waiting for the updates and others who might want to get it.
To get a subscription please click on the “GEO my WP Premium” tab in the main menu.
please note that there is no full documentation yet as this is part of the new site. However, you can use the tooltip along the settings and the features or you can email and ask me at email@example.com
The subscription includes an initial one time fee of $25 to download and use the plugin and there is also a recurring payment of $4 every month for support and updates. You can cancel the subscription at any time and keep using the plugin but you will not be able to get the updates. Also note that if you do cancel your subscription and want to renew it you will have to pay the $25 initial fee again.
After payment was made go to “get premium” and click on ”Download Premium” tab and download the zip file from there.
For those who already purchased the premium version please email me to firstname.lastname@example.org you will not have to pay the initial fee as you already paid it when you purchased it from wpplugins and the recurring payment will be $3 since you paid $35 for the initial fee.
The subscription includes the premium version plus 2 add-ons: the gravity forms integration and the groups locator.
The are 2 more add-ons under development and there are more planned for the future.
Thank you for you patience and support.
January 2, 2013 in updates
HAppy holidays and happy new year. Holidays got me away from the computer for a while and things got delay a bit. a have uploaded the new update 1.7 for the free version to wordpress.org and you can download it right now. I am still working on the update for the premium version as well as on the new site and hopefully will be available soon.
The new update is a major update as i was redoing most of the core which took care of many bug fixes, security issues and performance.
some of the changes made are below:
please advice for any bugs or other issues in the forum or contact me at email@example.com.
December 13, 2012 in updates
Please note that the current version of the plugin is not fully compatible with the newest version of wordpress 3.5. If you will update to WordPress 3.5 you might have some jQuery issues and Query notices. I have been redoing most of the plugin’s core and makeing the next update ready for WordPress 3.5. I have been planing to release it by the new year but hopefully will get it ready before. The next update is a major update. It takes care of many bug fixes, security issues, performance, new features and new add-ons.
December 8, 2012 in updates
Thank you for your patience, your support and for your feedback.
November 2, 2012 in updates
For those who asked me about the feature themes (Real Estates and restaurants) from the premium version i added demo links: Real estate and Restaurants. I use both with the Real estate post type but Obviously you can attache them to any of your post types.
Check out the two links under the “Post Types” link. you can see the use of the themes, the feature “mark feature posts” which add the green band to a feature post and you can add your own images. on top of the results you can see random feature posts and in the restaurants link you can see the use of the feature “per results google map” and the “days & hours” (added days and hours info to 2 or 3 or the posts).
November 2, 2012 in updates
to let you guys know i am working on few bug fixes for the next update hopefully will be ready for next week.
- i know of some issues of GEO my WP with IE. i am working on it.
- Also found a bug in friend finder that prevent results from showing when there is a “Select Box” profile field in the search form
- The “Full Address” profile field that need to be created is suppose to be hidden at all times (registration and in the “edit profile” page).
- There is a Conflict when using both GEO my WP and BP Checkins. I am working on that as well.
- Also trying to get around few issues with location and cookies in areas outside the USA.
Features Ready for next premium version release:
- Groups Locator – Now group’s admins can add a location to their groups. You can see a demo here. Site’s admins can also choose a global map’s icon for the groups or let the group admins choose one.
You can try by creating a new group. After creating the group go to its location tab and enter the location. please let me know of any errors you get into.
- Few users mentioned the privacy issues that can be caused by displaying a full address of the members in the results page. I got new features for that:
1) Now profile fields fully integrated with the location. Admins can now choose which fields from the address fields to be used in the plugin. So you can create only “zipcode” and “state”, or only “city” and “state” or any other combination. this way users can feel safe when registering and using the site. Also added new “address fields” settings to the shortcode. So if you do choose to use all the address fields with the profile fields you can still choose to hide the one that you want from the results page. meant that the user might have the full address in the database but in the results it will show only “city” and “state”.
2) Another new feature let you “cancel” the “location” tab for the logged in user. Few users mentioned
that the “location” tab might be a bit confusing or advance for some people. The new feature will let you choose to use only the “Edit profile” page to modify the location and the “Location” tab will display the map for the logged in users.
3) For those of you who let their members choose their map’s icon, they can do it from the “Edit Profile” page as well.
I hope i get fixes for the bugs above so i can release an update already next week. When done i will jump into the Gravity Form integration.
October 23, 2012 in updates
* Group Locator – add locations to groups and create a search form to locate groups near location.
* integration with gravity form – let your members add/update locations to posts from the front end.
* Automatically Display results near displayed post – shortcode or widget that will display results near single location.
October 23, 2012 in updates
* bug fix – buddypress search brings no results – wp_users query result with empty array
* bug fix – Widget for BP member’s location will not display map.
* Bug fix – User’s current location widget – address form did not work.
* Bug fix – Plugin will not pick up results.php template file from theme folder.
Note – if you want to modify the results.php file you can copy and paste it into your theme/child theme folder and make the changes from there. this way you will not lose you changes next time you are updating the plugin.
October 10, 2012 in updates
- Small update with a small bug fix – Buddypress’s “Location” tab had issue with the styling and the tabs.