[box type=”warning”]Please note, GEO Member Directory add-on does not work with Sweet-date theme and other themes that use custom BuddyPress’s Members page. GEO Members Directory add-on uses the native BuddyPress Members page function in order to work. GEO my WP already comes with Sweet-date theme integration out of the box. Please, do not purchase this add-on if you are using Sweet-date theme or other theme which uses its own custom Members page.[/box]
GEO Members Directory add-on enhance BuddyPress’s members page and adds additional Geolocation features to it. Using the add-on users can search the members directory based on an address they enter, radius they choose and order the results by distance. You can see a live demo of Geo Members Directory here.
GEO Members Directory Key Features
- Adds proximity search features to BuddyPress Members page out of the box; no extra code is needed.
- Adds address text input field to the search form of BuddyPress Members page.
- Locator button to auto-detect the user’s current location.
- Quick filters – Display drop-down select box of either countries or states to display results based on the values chosen.
- Choose between default radius value or multiple values that will show as drop-down select box in the search form of the Members page.
- Google Places address autocomplete for suggested results while typing an address in the address field of the search form.
- Choose between Miles or Kilometers.
- Order results by distance – Add “Distance” item to the “order by” drop-down select box of the Members page.
- Display Google map above the list of results with markers representing each of the members.
- Display Google map in each member in the list of results.
- Add additional information to each member in the list of results: Address, Distance “Get Directions” link.
- Screen loader – Display loading message while search is being performed.
- Toggle map between full screen size and normal size.
- Info-window open when mouseover map marker.
GEO Members Directory Proximity Features
Once Geo Members Directory add-on is activate and setup its features should automatically effect the BuddyPress’s Members page. You should see the Address field being added to the search form of the Members page as well as a drop-down select box for the radius values. You should also see the “Distance” item being added to the “Order by” drop-down select box of the members page.
Google Places Address Auto-complete
The feature will display suggested results using Google Places while typing an address in the address field of the Members search form. Once address is picked from the suggested results the search form will be automatically submitted based on that.
Once Geo Members Directory add-on provide you with the option to add auto-locator button to the search form of BuddyPress Members page. The locator button will be display next to the address field. Once visitor clicks the locator button the browser will try to detect his current location and if found the form will automatically submitted based on that.
Set the add-on to display drop-down select box of either states ( of the US only at the moment ) or countries. Visitors of your site will be able to filter results based on the state or country that they choose. The values of the drop-down will be taken from the database. Means that only states or countries that exist in the members database will be displayed in the drop-down select box. This will prevent displaying countries or states with no members.
Order By Distance
When submitting the search form and the address field is empty the results will be as normal and all members will be displayed. If the “Order by” value is set to “Distance” when no address entered no members will be displayed in the results and the message “You must enter an address in order to sort by distance.” will be displayed.
When address entered and form is submitted the add-on will display members within the chosen radius from the address entered. Results can be then ordered by distance when the nearest member will be displayed first.
Two ways you can display Google map using the GEO Members Directory add-on:
- You can set the add-on to display main map with markers representing each of the members above the list or results.
- Display small map per member in the list of results. The map will show marker the represent the location of the member and another marker represent the
location of the address entered in the address field of the search form ( when not empty ).
Note, Only Members with location set in their profile will be displayed on the map.
When setting up the add-on you can choose to query results in either Miles or Kilometers. The add-on will calculate and display the results and distance based on that when searching for members by address.
When setting up the add-on you can choose to display the address of each member in the results ( if member set an address is his profile ), the distance of the member form the address entered in the search form ( when and “Get directions” link which will open a new page with Google map showing the driving direction form the member to the address entered in the search form.