HAppy holidays and happy new year. Holidays got me away from the computer for a while and things got delay a bit. a have uploaded the new update 1.7 for the free version to wordpress.org and you can download it right now. I am still working on the update for the premium version as well as on the new site and hopefully will be available soon.
The new update is a major update as i was redoing most of the core which took care of many bug fixes, security issues and performance.
some of the changes made are below:
- * Works with WordPress 3.5.
- * SQL queries are now more secure and were modified for better performance.
- * “User Current location” widget/shortcode were improved – better looking and better performance. Few bugs were fixed as well.
- * Locator and cookies were improved and now working better when trying to locate a user and when saving the information via cookies. Modified to work better with different languages and fixed issues with special characters.
- * buddypress – “location” tab modified – looking better and easier to work with.
- * Geocode function improved when geocoding and saving information via database.
- * fix issues when using WordPress multisite – now can be use when multisite activated and fixed issue were address field will not show in the New/Edit post page.
- * Now can choose the locator icon for each search form in the shortcode settings.
- * “member’s location widget” – Improved and bug fixes.
- * backend – visually improved.
- * widgets names were changed from WPPL to GMW.
- * Files and folders better organized.
- * Map, markers and info windows – visually improved as well as performance.
please advice for any bugs or other issues in the forum or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.