Global Maps add-on lets you create maps that will automatically display your posts, post types, pages or BuddyPress members. Once the add-on installed and activated you will be able to create and display unlimited maps on a single page.
Global Maps Key Features
- Easily Create unlimited Posts Global Maps and Members Global Maps using the form builder.
- Create map displaying any or all of your post types
- Create maps displaying Buddypress members
- Display unlimited maps on a single page using shortcode or in the sidebar using a widget.
- Exclude posts from the map by Taxonomies
- Set a radius to display results within when the user’s current location is available.
- Display distance in Miles or Kilometer.
- Set the height, width and map type.
- Choose to auto zoom the map to fit all the marker within it or choose the zoom level if you want to to have a closer zoom on the marker that represent the user’s current location (when available).
- Front-end filter menu allow users to filter markers based on post types using checkboxes ( for Posts Global Map only )
- Choose map controls: zoom, pan, scale, map type, street view, overview and scroll-wheel
- Marker Clustere to groups near markers
- Choose between in-map info window or a pop-up HTML window that will display the marker’s information
- Ajax powered marker’s info window. Allows you to easily edit the content displayed in the info window by editing the php template file
- Display single or multiple post types on a map (post types add-on).
- Additional Settings being added when using the Premium Settings add-on
How does it work
On a page load the Global Maps add-on will first look for the user’s current location. If the location is available the add-on will search for posts or BuddyPress members ( depend on the type of map ) based on this location. When radius is set for the map only posts or members within that radius from the user’s current location will be displayed. Otherwise, if no user’s location available or no radius is set all posts or BuddyPress members will be displayed.
Creating a Map
To create a map is as simple as creating any other GEO my WP form. Once the plugin is activated new buttons “Posts Global Map” and “Members Global Map” will be added the the form builder page. Click on the the button of the map that you want to create, set-up the map and when done copy paste its short code to any of your posts or pages. That Simple!
Exclude Posts by Taxonomies
When creating a Posts Global Map you will have the option to exclude certain posts by taxonomies. All you will need to do is entered the taxonomy terms ID that you would like to exclude.
Post types Menu Filter
Using this feature users will be able to filter the markers on the map based on post types. When setting up the map you can choose which post types you want to include in the filters menu. The filters menu will be available in the bottom left site of the map with checkboxes for each of the post types that you choose. Using the checkboxes users will be able to filter the marker on the map.
Marker’s Info-Window Type
The plugin provide you with two ways to display the information of each marker on the map. You can do so using the native in-map info-window or using a pop-up HTML window.
The information being displayed in the info-window is being served via ajax which makes is possible to easily edit its content. The content of the info-window is being displayed using PHP template files which you can easily modify. The plugin provides you with default template files for in-map and pop-up info-window. Using PHP editor you can easily modify the default template files or you can create your own. You can add or remove information from the info-window.